Tyre punctures are one of the major causes of safety-related incidents in the UK. It can happen anytime, anywhere.
There may be numerous DIY puncture repair kits in the market; however, taking professional help is always recommended. If you are looking for puncture repair Ilford, contact Golden Garage & Tyres.
Our professionals are adept at providing prompt puncture repairs for all vehicle makes and models per BS AU 159 standards. Your search for ‘puncture repair near me’ ends here!
How do we conduct our service?
We use the following methods for repairing punctures:
- Plugging And Patching
When you visit us for tyre puncture repair Ilford, we do the following:
- We dismount the tyre, check its punctured area, and then put a mark on the damaged areas.
- After this, using a 6 mm carbide mill cutter, we make puncture channels from inside and outside the tyre.
- Hereafter, we will clean the affected area using a pre-buff cleaner. Then, we put in a patch to draw outer and inner lines. We will use a dome buffing rasp for flattening the raised curbs.
- After this, we use a vulcanising accelerator solution to the puncture channel along with the buffed area.
- Next, we put a plug and patch combination into the punctured channel to seal off the punctured area. Then, with a corrugated stitcher, we roll the reverse of the repair patch.
- Then, we use a sealant to close off the plug and patch portion and the buffed area.
- Finally, we will reinstall the car tyre and cut the patch’s stem.
Why choose Golden Garage & Tyres for puncture repairs?
We are a reliable facility providing car tyre puncture repair Ilford by strictly adhering to the BS AU 159 guidelines. We will check if the damaged tyre meets the following conditions before the puncture repairs:
- The tyre should have a minimum tread depth of 1.6 mm
- There should be no visible damage on the tyre beads
- The puncture diameter should not exceed 6 mm
- The tyre should not have any damage due to corrosive or leaking fluids
- There should not be any internal or external bulges
- The tyre treads, sidewalls, and treads should not have any significant damage
Our technicians have the latest tools to repair punctured tyres in the least possible time.
Note – It is not possible to repair all types of punctures. If we see that your car tyre is too damaged to be repaired, we will replace it with a new one.
Are you interested to know more?
Please call us on 07931 791675 for more information.